Saturday, July 29, 2006

Our neighbor Flash

A couple months ago one of the neighbors around the corner from us started parking a trailer and specially adapted pickup truck on the street. At first, the trailer was covered with graphics advertising a sea lion show. I figured they had bought a used trailer from an aquarium, since they removed the graphics pretty soon after arrival. My thinking was that no one would have a sea lion show in our neighborhood.
Well, I was right about the show, but wrong about the sea lion.    The special truck carries our neighbor “Flash” from his salt water swimming pool home to his job at the marina in Puerto Vallarta. Today I was walking home from Curves when Flash got home from work so I was able to see him close up.
After getting out of his truck, his handler had him wave to me, stick his tongue out at me, and dance. When I left to walk home, Flash waved good bye before walking up to his pool. He is “employed” by a local tour company and they take pictures of people with him and sell them, probably for some huge price. I guess he also does a few tricks for the crowd.
I’ll try to get a picture of Flash one day (and hope they don’t charge me big bucks for it!}

No comments: